Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Flu Bug Hits Our House

Yesterday I had to go to the doctor because I've been having some upper back pain. I have a really tender spot between my shoulder blade and spine. But I also have numbness all through my back. It feels like the numb medicine they give you before the Epidural. So DOC told me to watch for a rash because this is signs of Shingles.......WHAT. So lets pray that I don't get them. I've been checking my body like crazy for a rash but nothing yet. If I'm still have the back pain/numbness by Friday then were going to do some x-rays.
So I took the girls to Chads mom while I was st the DOC. Alyssa had been complaining that her belly hurt her ever since about 11:30am and hadn't ate very much. I just thought that she just needed to go number 2 that's an issues with her. So I had gave her Tums and Pepto but didn't really help. So we were getting ready to leave and no long then a second did Alyssa get into the truck she threw up all over the floor and herself. So I got her out really quick and she threw up again in the snow this time. Big mess, but got it cleaned up and we were trying to leave again didn't make it out of the driveway and she threw up, twice again this time in a Wal-mart bag. Pull back into the drive way and threw it away and waited a little while. She said that she felt fine so we tried it again. Made it this time just pass CR40 onto the bridge and she was throwing up, she did so well with keeping it in the Wal-mart bag. So I pulled over and she stop so we waited there for awhile again and she said that she was okay and just wanted to be home and see daddy. So we took off again and this time we made all the way to Mock road which is like 2 minutes from our house. So I pulled over and has she's throwing she said "Mommy I don't want chocolate cupcakes every again." That's what they had for snack at school, they had a birthday party. So by this time she has threw up 6 times within 45 minutes. So I called the Doc on call and they called in some Phenergan Suppository. Doc said the flu is going around really bad and to give her these every four hours has needed and to push the clear liquids. She threw up 2 more times before we got the medicine and 2 more time after she took it. Her and I both sleep out in the living room together, and it was a long night for the both of us. But she hasn't thew up since 3:00am.
Today is been okay no throwing up but she feels like she is going to, not eating to much but is drinking and keeping it down so far. She has her color back today and not running a low grade fever. Chastity seems to be okay also, she is happy too she that Alyssa isn't throwing up, in her words "Alyssa puke".

No comments: