Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Arrangements




Calling is from 2 to 4, and from 6 to 8 PM on Friday at the Mishler-Eastlund Funeral Home at 7458 E 1000 N in Syracuse, IN. Services will be held on Saturday in Mays, IN. Alison wanted memorials to continue her fight against cancer by contributing to the American Cancer Society. I'll ask that only family provide flowers. Flowers and pictures. Please feel free to come, even if it's been awhile I know that Alison would want you all there.

Heather and I pick out a outfit and jewelry today. Katy and I have planed to go and help with getting her ready tomorrow. I hope that it will help with the pain. I can't even begin to explain that Alison has touch so many people' in so many different ways. And I think by that she made them all be a better person.

One of my hard times is when my little girls ask for Ali of they say "I miss my Ali." Alyssa gets that she is with God and the Angles. But Chastity isn't for sure yet she ask for her and I tell her she's bye-bye with the Angles. Alyssa wanted to see her so bad last night but we knew it was for the best to wait. When we left Tom and Alison tonight, I didn't tell them we were coming home I said that we were going on a drive. Because I knew if I did they both would cry the whole way home. So the closer we got to home they knew where we were going. I don't want to go to bed, that's when it's the hardest because my mind takes over. I know that in time it will get better. And I know that she is in a better place but it's still hard.

I LOVE YOU ALI

4 comments:

Unknown said...

my thoughts are with you and your family.. I have followed your sisters story for the last year.

She is an inspiration

In The Presence Of A Miracle said...

Rene,

Madison, Mackenzie and I are headed to you tomorrow. I hope at some point the girls could meet as Anutie Ali (what the girls called her with affection) talked of all her beautiful neices so often. We had made a tie quilt to keep Ali warm in the hospital and I was getting it boxed up when I got the phone call. I have cut it in two and I am giving it to your little ones. It is "Little Mermaid" themed fleece. A movie that Ali watched with Madi and KEnzie everytime we came over. Which was like all the time, because we had the lines memorized. I am sure she watched it with you babies too. Anyhow, Madi and Kenzie picked the material out. They thought it would be somethign special from them to her, that she would understand. Now it is a gift from my babies to yours in honor of your Beautiful, Loving, Talented, Graceful, Courageous, Sister, and my best friend from here to eternity. You are now my family and I am here for you. I hoep you will call if you need me. I will send you all my contact info before I leave in case for some reason you need to get in touch with me. If you can email me you email address to
prayerwarriors4alison@gmail.com. I will send it to you. Much love, Much Peace, and my sleep bring your sweet dreams of all the good memories.

Ali's friend and now yours,

Kimberly

Debra said...

Bless you dear one and your family and friends of Ali.

May you have comfort and peace in knowing that in you & those precious girls of yours a part of your sister will live on.

The circle of life continues.

Blessings, peace and all that is good.

Anitra said...

I am Addi's sister, who is a friend of Ali and Tom's. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers. I know explaining death to young children can be hard. When my nieces were about your kids age, we read them the book "What's Heaven" by Maria Shriver to help them understand a death of a family member. I have also heard that "Someday Heaven" by Larry Libby and "What is Heaven like" by Beverly Lewis are good. Those 2 might be a little old for your children, but it might help you with conversation starters or how to answer their questions. My daughter and I will be praying for you and your girls. May God give you the strength to get through these times, and give you wisdom in talking with your girls.